Monday, December 20, 2010

Some Sort of Adventure.

Sometimes I wonder if there are others among and around me that dream about adventure.

For there is such a romantic version of adventure, and then there is such a push for the reality of adventure. There are those who make it seem more incredible than it is, and then there are those who fight to make it so much less than it is. Well, perhaps we don't realize why the idea of adventure has been romanticized. Perhaps we don't realize that these men who have been through dark hours, come out screaming of the joy of overcoming. They scream of the ecstasy that only the climbing over an infinitely high obstacle can bring. And perhaps thats all we remember, but remember it we should, and pursue it we should. So, there I fall, If I can find that challenge, and overcome it, even if I can't see, even if I know not when the pain ends, even if I have to stare death down, then I will have found my adventure. I want to know that in that aspect, adventure has been romanticized, because only when it has can I know that it is worth the time to pursue. Because only then can I know that current pain will most certainly lead to future joy. Only then is it worth the fight.

And fight for it I shall.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment